The quality of water is becoming worse and worse
Arsenic in drinking water threatens up to 60 million in Pakistan
The arsenic can cause skin lesions, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and neurodevelopmental delays.
The World Health Organization (WHO) warned that 35 million to 77 million people in Bangladesh could be at risk of drinking water with unsafe levels of arsenic.
The team reports today in Science Advances that 50 million to 60 million people might use water that contains more than 50 micrograms per liter of arsenic, five times the WHO guideline.
People should be aware that water in their well has high arsenic. And they could use water from deeper aquifers that are in contact with older sediments, or invest in treating groundwater to remove arsenic.
- In China, arsenic is mainly distributed in Inner Mongolia, Xinjiang, Shanxi, Jilin and Anhui.
- Arsenic smelting plants and other metallurgical factories "three wastes" must be up to standard.
- Ciliate desert-grass can absorb arsenic effectively.
- The activated carbon also can absorb arsenic effectively.
- In fact, other water pollution is also serious!
- Water purifiers are more common now and we need to choose a good water purifier!
- Protect water resources from you and me!
作者：xinroom 欢迎分享本文，转载请保留出处 By CC-4.0